16 October 2008

This Really Happened to a Friend of Mine

What is it about the beach that elicits true confessions?
"That was me on Australia's Most Wanted."
"Did I ever mention I have a second wife and family?"
"Dammit, Marjorie, I want to wear your nightie to the shareholders' meeting and nothing can stop me."
Is it the wind making us feel wild? Is it all that water before us, making us feel like we're right on the edge of something and why not plunge in? It's a mystery.

Moreover, what is it about me that elicits true confessions? Everyone knows they're just going straight on my blog.

The upshot is that yesterday as we walked on the beach Mona Lisa told me that she's been having risque dreams about David Attenborough. They've found themselves thrown together in various improbable situations where many meaningful glances have been exchanged and at one point he even placed his hand on her knee. It's the little things that can mean so much.

The truly terrible result of all of this is that Mona Lisa has found herself gazing critically at The Professor, her long-standing boyfriend and eleven years her senior, and thinking, "Hmmm, he's just not old enough."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walking on the beach with Mona Lisa?
Oh I feel so betrayed!

hazelblackberry said...

Well you will internationally galivant. I have to fill the hole somehow.