24 April 2007

Re: Manni

To: Mona Lisa
From: hazelblackberry

.....BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY I must tell you: I ran into a cousin of Manni's! I was in the chocolate shop down the street and there he was up on a shelf. It was only the slight clearing of his throat that brought him to my attention. But he is so much BIGGER than Manni. About three times his size. Obviously from quality, Eastern European, body-building stock. Though he favours the same cravat that Manni wears. He was so pleased to hear he was doing well and said to say hello. He also suggested we go out to dinner sometime, but I had to politely and regretfully decline. His name is Boris.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To: hazelblackberry
From: Mona Lisa

It is disturbing that there are Manni cousins out there. He thinks he is human, but also part real bear (European ancestry), so I’ve always been reluctant to introduce Manni to other teddy bears. I suspect a big hairy Boris cousin would freak him out. He already told me he’d become a vegetarian after catching sight of a box of Tiny Teddies in the supermarket, which to him suggested, understandably, some horrific teddy cannibalism. And did I tell you he is a Christian? Much to R’s disgust. But at least he is Anglican, and they’re as good as atheists, really. Manni liked to stop in all the beautiful old cathedrals on our holidays, to pray. He looked so cute kneeling between the pews.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To: Mona Lisa
From: hazelblackberry

I love that Manni is an Anglican. He strikes me as having the dignity of an old-school English Anglican.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To: hazelblackberry
From: Mona Lisa

I also was quietly pleased with Manni’s Anglicanism. He has such a good, solid character. It’s quite refreshing in this world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get any work done?

hazelblackberry said...

Aaah, the $64 million question.

Answer: hardly any. It's quite shocking.