10 April 2006

The Sky Is Falling

The Burp checked out Grumpy's parrot site and sent me this email*:

-------------------------
From: The Burp
To: hazelblackberry
Subject: soft, blue and warm
I've been looking at the"parrot blog" (don't know why I put that in quotes). It keeps reminding me of our old corella Wilbur...and when I accidentally kissed the soft, blue, warm bit under his eye....errk. Didn't you have the same experience?
-------------------------

I too owned a corella, imaginatively known as Cocky Blackberry. If I ever kissed the soft, blue, warm bit under his eye it would have been deliberate because I loved that little bugger mightily and I cried when they took him off life support and let him die. My Uncle Psycho cried too, but that's a whole other story...

In our school days, The Burp's Wilbur also favoured stealthily crossing the lawn to where The Burpmother was lying in a bikini and pressing his cold, wet eye to a piece of exposed, sun-warmed flesh.



*Reproduced without permission, but I'm sure The Burp agrees that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

No comments: