13 May 2005

Every Second of the Night, I Live Another Life

Jessie Mo's been having Huxley-esque dreams.

Last night I had a dream that my psycho uncle crashed a family gathering. He burst in the door and everyone was scared. Then he made all the kids kneel in a semi-circle, with him in the middle, and he called for me and pointed to all the paper he'd spread out on the floor and said, "Well, you've been promising this for quite some time - now, how about you show us all how to stamp and emboss."

I was scared but I believe the lesson I delivered could be described as a masterclass.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you, HBB, that Aldous Huxley is one of my antecedents?

Anonymous said...

By the way, songs that make me cry? Obnoxious power ballads by eighties chick bands with too much big hair and a bad Stevie Nicks clothes habit. And I'm not talking in an overly sentimental fashion, its more along the lines of pain and anguish; you know, like when you go to the dentist and have three teeth drilled - without anaesthetic. (Or labour, maybe. I'll get back to you on that).

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

K. said...

"Did I ever tell you, HBB, that Aldous Huxley is one of my antecedents?"


SuperFreo replied...

Are you one of the characters in Brave New World?

Anonymous said...

no, superfreo, but I am working on my very own new world order.

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Very good. May the doors of perception always be open to you.

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

oh yes, and to your antecedents ;-)