29 March 2009

Three-Toed

Things I probably should do this afternoon:

- clean the fish pond
- water the lawn
- cut the rosemary*
- clean the bathroom
- do the washing
- empty the dishwasher
- make the bed

Things I probably will do this afternoon:

- walk on the beach
- blog
- read A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon. You know, he's the guy who wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, a book I can't bring myself to read because everyone tells me I have to, I just have to. I may have mentioned this idiosyncrasy before.
- do the washing because I'm out of undies, dammit
- make the bed because how gross when you forget to and come bedtime you remember and then, if you're like the current incarnation of single-man me, rather than attempting to put on the fresh sheets and the pillow slips and the doona cover you just get the sleeping bag out of the cupboard and sleep in that for the night...for the next few nights...okay, weeks.



*Not a euphemism for anything. Though it should be. I just don't know what.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I am insanely jealous of your fishpond.

I'm just as bad if anyone loans me a book. There are an awful lot of novels that are returned, unread after a couple of years to their owners.

And let us not speak of the man in the queue.

I can't bring myself to read the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime either - mainly because it is a little too close to home for me (Joe/Frank has aspergers) and I am a bit of a sook.

hazelblackberry said...

The fish pond is nothing to be jealous of. It requires more upkeep than the cats do.

We won't mention The Man in the Queue. Why would we mention The Man in the Queue? Consider The Man in the Queue unmentioned.