01 November 2008

Iron Maiden

I was lolling about at home yesterday evening, reading a book and contemplating a quiet night in. The phone rang. It was a couple of my uni mates.

"Whaddya up to?"

"I'm lolling about reading a book," I was forced to explain seeing as they don't read the blog.

"It's Friday night! Get up here, we're having wine and pizza."

"I was thinking about a quiet night in."

"No, you weren't. We've already had one glass of wine and we're about to order the pizza."

"I'm on my way."

It takes the first five songs from Sinead O'Connor's The Lion & the Cobra to get from Freo to City Beach at that time of the evening. Slightly less on the return trip, after midnight. That's useful information!

But just try telling that to the cats. They were waiting for me on the front porch when I got home, looking slightly resentful. I think I'm going to get the chat about treating the place like a hotel.

No comments: