17 December 2007

Snips and snails and puppy dog's tails.

I know my beater is dying, but I'm not sure if it's taking me to hell with it.

Last night I was using it while making some cupcakes and I noticed the motor was starting to make a burning smell. Then I noticed that the on/off switch was sparking inside the beater each time I turned it on.

This morning I got up early to make icing for the cakes and I looked down at the beater at one point only to notice that I had flicked the switch to off but it was still beating.

I reached somewhat tentatively for the power point to turn it off there, thinking, "If this sucker keeps on whizzing away I am totally going to have to change my name to Rosemary and, you know, have a baby."

Now that is the stuff nightmares are made of.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hazelrosemaryberry is not so easy to type.

Danielle said...

Ah, the smell of ozone. So did you still use it when it was sparking like that?

hazelblackberry said...

Susan, agreed, HRB would be a nuisance to say and type. And not as pretty either.

Ianandan, yes, I did keep using it. I know it's wrong but I had egg whites to whip!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your work!!this post made me snort orange juice through my nose.:)))))

( in a good way)

peace.
Ngaire
x