04 December 2007

But wait...

Yesterday WiseMan approached New Girl and I separately about some stats he'd read somewhere on the increase of kidney disease since 1990. New Girl and I weren't exactly astounded by this: what with sedentary lifestyles, poor diets and obesity, something's got to give.

So it turned out he'd come to me second. We just had a bit of a brief chat about it and he disappeared back into his office. Earlier, he'd tried a theory out on New Girl: that the rise in kidney disease was the result of a conspiracy backed by the makers of dialysis machines. New Girl must have been withering enough about this proposition that he didn't dare try it out on me. But, oh, how I want him to.

This is just so you know that WiseMan is a bit of a roundabout play on his real name, not necessarily an indication of his brain power.

1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

Seems wise enough not to try his conspiracy theory out on you...