06 March 2007

Inventor of Medicinal Compound

I was out the door in a hurry this morning. About half way through my bus journey I looked at my feet and noticed, with some surprise, and a little dismay, that I would be spending my work day in a pair of pink, fuzzy slippers.

When the bus arrived at my stop it took all my dignity to alight with shoulders straight and head held high.

And, yes, here at work I am a laughing-stock. You may be surprised to learn, though, that there is nothing whatsoever that is new in that.

3 comments:

pseudostoops said...

[wipes tears from eyes]-- thanks for the laugh!

Philosophical Karen said...

Drink a drink to Lily the Pink, Saviour of the Human Race.

(I know this one. It was on my "Top of the Tots" record.)

Lonie Polony said...

Recounting one's embarrassing moments to give others a laugh (with you, not at you) is a service to humanity.

At least you didn't forget to wear your bra once...under a cream top...