15 January 2010

I would have gone with Willem Dafoe.

New Girl and I went to the cinemah last night to see Up in the Air. It was a good movie, but that's not my point. Here's what this is all about:

They - yes them - have remade Edge of Darkness, the most memorable and scarring mini-series of my young adult life. That they've done a re-make is outrage enough, but that it stars Mel Gibson is just plain old insulting.

There's one scene in the previews where Mel has a man, presumably one of his mortal enemies, cornered and is giving him one of his patented crazy Lethal Weapon looks. I really don't know that Mad Mel is the most appropriate actor to deliver the line he says in this scene:

"You got a choice to make. Are you strung up on the cross, or are you bangin' in the nails?"

1 comment:

Katy said...

I saw that too and I thought, 'Oh look, it's the Passion of the Christ 2: Back With a Vengeance.' Oh dear. Isn't the writers strike over?