14 August 2009

When She Used to Rock and Roll

k. - yes, she's back, d.'s back, even little t.'s back.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, k. was unable to hide her disgust at my confession that I got a little teary when my stepbrother's bride-to-be walked into their wedding to Jennifer Rush's 'Power of Love'. I acknowledged my shame and self-loathing and then we talked about what songs make good wedding tunes.

I told k, "I think at my next wedding I'll walk down the aisle to 'Urgent' by Foreigner!"

We agreed this would be the height of class and good taste.

"Did I tell you I've already picked out a song for my funeral?" asked k. "It's kind of daggy, because, you know, it's Simply Red. But I like it. [singing] If you don't know me by now..."

1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

If it were 'Power of Love' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, I probably would've cried.

Foreigner makes me cry too, but for a different reason.