18 June 2009

what'swrongwiththisjoketiming

Isn't it funny how these things work? There I was, cruising down the highway in the pouring rain. People were driving like damn fools. I thought to myself, "If people don't stop driving like damn fools there's going to be an accident." No sooner had that thought crystallised in my tiny mind than there was an accident. Involving me. The traffic in front of me came to a sudden halt, I braked hard, managed to stop, but only had a split second to celebrate the fact before the ute behind me ran into me after having been run into by the car behind him.

Out of the three of us, my car could still drive - I think I've only got a slightly damaged rear bumper (no innuendo required, thanks) - so I parked round the corner and ran back to exchange deets in the pouring rain. It was a pretty inconvenient spot to have an accident but I was somewhat surprised by the number of angry faces on drivers as they had to get round us. Th-th-th-that's life, folks!

On the upside, as I raced back around the corner I couldn't help but note that my pants were falling down somewhat. Well done, me!

2 comments:

Spud Mack said...

been in that situation about six months ago. We could not drive our car though and the three of us were not so convieniently stopped on the causeway at 8 in the morning. Months of physio ensued and my back is nearly alright again, whereas the little red-haired girl still sees the physio as her shoulder is still not in working order.

Philosophical Karen said...

So sorry to hear you've been in a car accident. Glad you're relatively all right.