21 May 2009

What Women Want

I've been TV-free for close to 9 months now and I can't say I really miss it. I've watched a couple of DVDs but I don't count that as television. I don't care if you do. I don't.

Anyway, it's a cold, wet night and I thought it might be nice to sit on the couch under a blanket, with my frozen veggies and instant gravy and watch a bit of telly. I just checked the guide and the only thing that interests me is Inspector Rex. I'd forgotten about him. Hello, old friend.

But after that I'm giving myself a real treat. The other night I bought the DVD of Pride and Prejudice. I'm going to cue up the bit where Elizabeth drops in on Pemberley and is driving away at the end of her visit, she and Mr D'Arcy exchanging smouldering glances. Her thinking, "Now that I've seen you in your tight undies, and taken in the massive house and estate you own, I'm kind of thinking you're alright." Him thinking, "I can't wait to marry her so I can boss her around and drive her bonkers with my sullen, but dead sexy, moodiness."

No comments: