31 March 2009

First Face Second

The belly-dancing teacher said she was about to show us a rather difficult move and did anyone have any lower back problems, because if so then this move was probably not for them. She then demonstrated a move that was so flamboyant and utterly unattractive that it left the class standing stock still and silent for a moment.

Inge de Bruin looked rather perturbed. She leaned over and murmured to me, "I think I just developed a lower back problem."

------------------------------

The teacher couldn't understand why I'd burst out laughing.

We'd staggered through yet another go at our routine. Our instructor said she was impressed with everyone, even extending that - somewhat - to me and Inge! I was just impressed that I'd managed to keep from falling over. I was already dizzy and in a weakened state from the whirling dervish move we were practising when Inge turned to me with one hand on her hip and a look of contempt and said, "Look, I'm just waiting for this class to teach me something challenging."

No comments: