09 November 2008

Irregular, but not of a heartbeat.

When Bloody Ern and I would return late on a Sunday evening from a fishing trip of two days or two weeks, he'd whip up porridge for dinner with lettuce and sugar for dessert. Ern would have a beer or five and he'd even let me have a cold Milo in a crystal tumbler. Those were heady days, my friend. Crazy times, if you see what I'm saying.

Tonight I don't feel like porridge, or Milo, but I've decided to institute my own Sunday night ritual: a glass of wine and a bowl of All Bran. If that isn't sending your body mixed messages, then I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Susan said...

My mother used to make that, with iceburg lettuce.

Carol said...

At least you are not mixing the glass of wine with the All Bran, although ...

hazelblackberry said...

Susan - the iceberg lettuce is ESSENTIAL. Accept no substitute!

Carol - I did think about it. But I decided the dairy would tip the scales in favour of "healthful meal".