24 November 2008

Here's an Update

Last night while I slept, someone broke into* my house, stole my bag and stole my car.

It was rather disorienting going outside this morning to an empty driveway. I think I've got over the fact that the car is gone - not lorst, but gorn before - but I keep wandering around the house looking for my bag. I think looking for my bag is preventing me from thinking about the fact that someone was in my house while I slept.

I'm sitting here waiting for the police, not touching anything on The Antiquer's advice, and biting my nails, so I thought I might as well blog about it. It is all, as they say, grist for the mill.

*When I say 'broke into' I mean they came in through my bedroom window, which was the only portal open and unlocked in the entire house. I know, I know. I guess my fetish for fresh air is going to have to come to a screaming halt.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. Through your bedroom window? Terrifying. So so sorry.

Spud Mack said...

Similar story for myself about 2 years ago. Came in and took the little red-haired girls bag, the car and also (more importantly) my Xbox! Car showed up 3 weeks later in fine condition and another 600km on the clock. Xbox however, was never to be seen again.

Horrible thing to have happen though. Wishing you all the best.

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh NO! Thank goodness you're all right. I'm hoping your car turns up soon, intact. At least you still have your computer... What if they took that and you couldn't blog?

hazelblackberry said...

Thanks pseudo & Spud. New Girl is down here studying and I am lolling around reading while we wait for the locksmith and the police - all is well. Except for the lack of car bit.

Karen...I know. It puts it all into perspective, doesn't it?

Carol said...

h0ly fuck! That is simply awful.

You are the second imaginary internet friend that has happened to in the past couple of months.

Don said...

Here's what you need.

Zen Mama said...

Oh no!
So glad you're okay.

Danielle said...

That is awful - I blame it on bloody nice Australian weather which encourages you to leave windows open.

hazelblackberry said...

Thanks for your comments. Don, with my eyesight the way it is I'd probably shoot off my own foot before I could do anyone else any damage.