30 October 2008

This hurts me more than it hurts you.

Approximately 10am yesterday: I walk a little too close to the couch, smashing my foot into the wooden leg of the chair, breaking two of my toes in the process.

Approximately 2am this morning: I walk too close to the same couch, smashing the same foot into the wooden leg of the chair, feeling as though I'd severed the aforementioned two toes.

The first time there was much hopping and hobbling and expletives deleted. The second time I decided it was easier to just lie on the floor and cry.

7 comments:

Spud Mack said...

Here's a hint....move the couch 2 inches further away.

Philosophical Karen said...

Sometimes it's just easier to lie on the floor and cry.

Word verification: anumbo

Last one was "bitights".

It's my night for weird pseudo-words, I guess.

Philosophical Karen said...

Now it says "bootc".

When I was a kid I had a guinea pig named "Bootsie". He ran away.

(I think I might lie on the floor and cry.)

Lonie Polony said...

You poor thing, HB! I hope your toes get better soon. Maybe it's time to invest in a pair of steel-capped slippers?

hazelblackberry said...

Thanks, Spud. Brilliant advice.

Karen, I find lying on the floor and crying helps me effectively avoid many of life's problems.

And, Lonie, I did have steel-capped slippers but I threw them away when Grumpy moved out.

CelloBella said...

Ouch!
Oh you poor thing.
:(

JahTeh said...

Moving the couch won't help, it's physics or the laws of attraction which means the broken toes will find the couch wherever you put it.
I know, I've been there.