17 April 2008

I'm not angry; I'm just very disappointed.

Oh, by the way, thank you so much for the outpouring of concern from all my readers, worried about how k. and I were doing with our respective maladies. We're doing just fine, thanks for asking.

Criminy!

On Monday night when I was lying flat on the floor trying to decrickify* my back, Grumpy, who was lazing on the couch, actually asked how much longer it would be before dinner was ready. I was a touch hysterical and teary with pain on Tuesday arvo and my outraged rendition of this story to a friend left her believing that Grumpy had been standing over me demanding I get up and cook his dinner this instant. Not quite. But he might as well have been! The brute.

Grumpy just rang then to see how I was doing. I confirmed that I was feeling great, that I'd been able to sit for two straight hours at the computer and get some work done. My plan, I told him, was to take a couple more Nurofen Plus at about five o'clock to see me through this evening out at dinner with some friends of ours (take that whichever way you prefer). Grumpy then helpfully suggested that, by taking a total of eight tablets since 4pm Monday, I was rapidly sliding into the realm of addiction.

Well, well. Addiction, huh? The next time His Lordship stubs his toe on a blade of grass or something similar I think he can just bloody well go cold turkey. We'll see what his feelings are on over-the-counter medication then, shall we? Stay tuned, folks.



*Notice my expert handling of complex medical terminology.

2 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Awww, how's your back doing?

Maybe you could tell Grumpy that if he's so worried about your addiction to OTC painkillers, he should be offering backrubs as a substitute?

The Burp said...

Sooo..are we going to get a good story about how you hurt your back? No "outpouring of concern" here until I know the full details....

How unfortunate you have to spend you holidays lying on the floor, when you should be visiting your country friends.