05 March 2008

Unforgettable

Sarah Ulmer left a comment on the post below asking how I figured out her dad was her dad. Well, that would be by his name, my dear.

The Ulmers have a fairly distinctive surname so when the tutor took the roll at the beginning of a tutorial (good grief!), I heard the name and made the connection.

I went up to him afterwards:

"Hello, Lyle Lovett! I'm Sarah Ulmer's friend hazelblackberry!"

"Oh, hello.....Er, by Sarah Ulmer, you mean my daughter Sarah Ulmer?"

Hey, at least he knows you fit in there somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such refined powers of deduction! You're going to nail that forensic science course you've enrolled in Haze! (see how I just mislead everyone there).

I guess if Dad is recognising me as his daughter I'd better stop asking him when he's going to tell me who my biological parents are.

And if previous evidence of a family history of insanity hadn't led you to work this out already, the degree I've just started is psychology.

OK, now I really love my Dad, think I will go and ring the old crooner and see how he's going.

jessie mo said...

Lyle Lovett is not nicknamed Ursus for nothing. you guys should get on fabulously.