20 July 2007

It's a Gas, Gas, Gas

I left a message for Jessie Mo on her phone the other day. She rang me back a while later to say that I'd missed her because she'd been sitting in her car in the garage listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.

She assured me it wasn't with the windows up and the engine running and a hose connected from the exhaust pipe to the interior of the car. Because that would just be insulting to The Mac.

Now she's emailed me saying that she always thought the song "Oh Daddy" was "Oh Danny". Since she realised her mistake she's a bit creeped out. I berated her for not being hip to the lingo of the 1970s, man. Daddy merely being a reference to a man, not a father.

I'd better be right. I'd hate to think that all these years I've been crooning along to Christina McVie's Electra complex.

1 comment:

meva said...

I thought for many years that Good Vibrations by the Beachboys contained the line 'She's giving me head citations'.

And I thought it meant that he was intelligent. Of course.