20 December 2006

Get Your Crank On

So Grumpy was admonishing me because it had been a while since I'd been in touch with my cousin, Covergirl. We like Covergirl and her fiance, Shirley Temple, but both sides are notoriously bad at being able to organise a catch-up.

Covergirl never answers the phone or emails. Txt msging - or however the kids would write it - is her preferred medium for contact, even though days, sometimes weeks, can go by before you get an answer. So I sent her a message saying hello and that we should try to get together sometime. About five days later my phone beep-beeped with this reply:

"Gday lady* i saved the reply without sending. Blonde life! Nobly put: to TRY to catch up!"

At least nobody's trying to kid anybody else that anything is ever going to happen.



*This is a ghastly greeting and most unfortunately inextricably links in my mind my lovely young cousin with Special Ed. The connection haunts me.

1 comment:

Spud Mack said...

You got mail...yaaaaay!