07 September 2006

For What We Are Learning to Adore

I was just telling my friend Jessie Mo Assiniboine (occasionally I like to use her full name; it's rather special) about a dream I had the other night in which I was friends with Gwyneth Paltrow. Try to quell your horror.

We were throwing around ideas for her blog name. The best I could do was Martini and I felt that "my friend the movie star, aka Martini" would be slightly transparent.

The odd thing is that since then I have seen her mentioned a couple of times here and there and instead of automatically recoiling I think to myself, "She's not so bad."

6 comments:

Spud Mack said...

I am just pleased that I never had a child by Gwyneth. Poor child would have been known as Apple Mack.

That is so last decade!!

hazelblackberry said...

Yes, that was certainly a lucky escape for all concerned.

Philosophical Karen said...

Your subconscious is trying to tell you something. Be thankful you didn't dream of Tom Cruise.

So, is Nicole Kidman pregnant? (Being a fellow Australian and all chummy with Gwyneth, I thought you might have inside information.)

Alyson said...

How about Apple Martini(s) or Martini Girl

Ok now that I have written it out that sounds really lame

hazelblackberry said...

Karen - Yes, but exactly what is it trying to tell me? I've never been one to pick up on subtle messages. You'd think my subconscious of all, er, people? would understand that.

Alyson - Maybe if I went with Martini Girl everyone would assume I was talking about Lindsay Lohan.

Mary Bennet said...

But what is your subconscious on about??

And why does mine keep making up facts about the Royal Family? A few months ago I woke up convinced Prince Phillip had died and this morning I realised Prince William had a half-sister called Soren. I don't care about the Royals!!