18 August 2006

Girls Ain't Fakin'

This morning Bezley and my step-sister, Cinderella, came up to celebrate Cinderella's birthday over breakfast.

Even though I'd made grand promises to Grumpy about cooking him up bacon and eggs I decided I couldn't be bothered doing him a separate meal and he ended up eating what the rest of us ate: crepes with lemon and sugar followed by field mushrooms with potato roesti, english spinach and a bit of brie. (Not that I'm trying to brag or nothing.)

To my astonishment, Grumpy gobbled up every last skerrick of his serving. There may yet be hope for the man who once said, "I could be a vegetarian - no worries. As long as I could eat bacon."

1 comment:

pseudostoops said...

Ah, crepes with lemon and field mushroom etcetera- just something you threw together, eh? My goodness, it's all I can do to get up and out to the coffee shop on a weekend morning. I'm terribly impressed.