16 January 2006

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

My friend Jessie Mo knows that I'm not the timeliest of people when it comes to handing over birthday presents. Even with the best preparation, something always trips me up. I bought her birthday present just before Christmas and got a nice box for it and wrapped the whole thing in ribbon. The box is sitting on my desk. Jessie Mo's birthday was on the 8th of January.

We were having an email conversation about my lax ways and I was able to point out that there is someone out there worse than me. (Isn't there always.) I'd been on the phone to Dr Zhivago who apologised for not ringing me for my 36th birthday.

Dr Z: "Look, I've got something to send you and if I haven't sent it by the end of January, give me a call and hassle me about it."
HB: "Oh, what does it matter? Just whenever."
Dr Z: "No, Haze, I have to send it this month. It was supposed to be your present for your 30th."

2 comments:

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Talking about Capricorn birthdays ...

Anonymous said...

Yes Grumpy, sorry sorry sorry - I should know better!! hope it was good