23 November 2005

Foghorn Leghorn

Dr Bellows, the kid next door, is an enthusiastic little chap. He wakes up with a roar and pretty much continues in that vein for the rest of the day. He likes to gather all his friends together and make them play games with him; usually some variation on the persistent theme of Mankind vs The Robots. When I say mankind, I mean Bellows. He's not big on sharing. After he's run through a lengthy list of all the things he'll be doing to wage battle with The Robots some little friend will pipe up with, "And what will I do?", to which Bellows invariably answers, "You'll watch me." And they all sit there meekly obeying.

Dr Bellows is almost 8 years old. I don't know if his mates would be quite so intimidated if they knew he still wears pull-ups to bed.

2 comments:

The Burp said...

Ahh yes...the incontinence of mankind...

Philosophical Karen said...

Reminds of my neighbours I'll call The Homeschooled Kids from Hell. They have only one volume setting, and it isn't low. The girl can't sing to save her life, but it never stops her; and the boy plays pirates by saying piratey things over and over and over...And it always ends in tears. (Very loud tears.)