15 August 2005

He Had a Point

Grumpy and I went to one of our favourite cafes on Sunday morning. We like it because, apart from the great food, it has unfettered ocean views. When we arrived, admittedly a little later than usual, the place was choc a block and we turned straight around. As we headed out the door, there sitting at a table was a woman, eating her breakfast, and a dog perched up on the chair opposite her with his face all over the eating surface.

[I have some minor, minor issues about this kind of thing. But nevermind.]

As we trudged back to our car Grumpy said, "It's a bit bloody rich when we can't get a seat but a dog can."

4 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I wonder if the health department might have more than a minor issue with the pooch. :)

hazelblackberry said...

Yes, I thought about it. But then I decided to give them a chance & call them. They were very noice and said they'd make sure it didn't happen again.

Anonymous said...

It may have been more reassuring if they had said they would make sure they wiped the table.

Anonymous said...

with Metho. I can lend them some.