25 July 2005

As the nose said to the finger...

I love listening to Sonny & Brownie's "You Bring Out the Boogie in Me". But every time it gets to the part where they sing, "You're a chocolate cookie..." my eyes glaze over and all I can think about is a Choc Ripple* biscuit. Or a Tee Vee Snack.


*My Aunty Seagull used to make the Choc Ripple Cake whenever I visited Tassie. I think she added some alcohol to the cream to make sure all we kids, hyped-up on cousin catch-up time, were knocked out for the evening. She's a crafty old fiend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TeeVee Snacks? Have you had one lately? They are a poor imitation of their former selves, HBB. You know, I think they are even new biscuits, baked just for the purpose of making TeeVee Snacks, instead of the old broken ones that were not quite good enough. They were great; you never quite knew exactly what you would get. But now? Sanitised, Babygirl.

Anonymous said...

PS My Granny did that with trifle. Full of sherry. Fantastic.

hazelblackberry said...

Ah yes, the sherry-laden trifle. I got a little too enthusiastic last Christmas and mine turned into a trifle-laden sherry. Inedible. Not to mention undrinkable.

Also, am inclined to agree re TeeVee Snacks. But there;s still something so bite-sized and satisfying about them that I can't resist. It more than makes up for the fact that Tim Tams are no waaaay to sweet and sickly.

And need I add: "Instant slums, Baby Girl."

hazelblackberry said...

Er, that should read:

It more than makes up for the fact that Tim Tams are now waaaay too sweet and sickly.

Anonymous said...

I got ya, Babygirl.

Anonymous said...

PS Hey, you really took my comments about blogging to heart. Well Done! (If I knew my words carried that much weight I would have been using and abusing my power way before now).