14 October 2004

Your Baby's Got Rabies

I didn't feel like having anyone sit next to me on the bus this morning, so I left my sunglasses off. For some reason my left eye has turned a delightful shade of puce and is rather puffy.

[No, really, I walked into a door. Can you believe it?!]

Anyway, I'm also suffering a little hayfever and so my nose is bright red and chafed and even my upper lip is looking a little flaky. All in all, I am an attractive package.

So I sat on the bus with my sunglasses off and turned my passive, grotesque gaze on all who approached the seat next to me and watched them ever-so-slightly REEL in horror as they walked on by. Unfortunately the bus didn't get full enough to be standing room only - there were a couple of other empty seats, no doubt next to equally physically disturbing people. I would have liked to have the only spare seat. That would have tested some mettle.

Yeah, I'm a freak. Body and soul.

No comments: