27 September 2004

Mission Statement

This weekend my friends Mona Lisa & DJ Pups are coming to visit. Grumpy says, "I bet Pups is disappointed we're not living in Sorrento."

When we left Canberra, Pups had a grand vision for our new life in Perth. We would move to Sorrento and raise three children - most likely named Troy, Shane and Justine. They would be beautiful and athletic (ie, adopted) and all be very active in the local surf lifesaving club. Justine would play hockey and the boys would be rising stars in the WAFL. To complete the picture, Grumpy would have to transform into a boozy captain of industry and I'd need to get friendly with a bottle of bleach, a packet of Marlboro Lights and some sort of white wine with my morning tea.

It was a beautiful dream. I am only sorry we weren't worthy of it.

1 comment:

hazelblackberry said...

Thank you for your comments, GoFreo. My profile has altered accordingly.