02 April 2009

Stockholm and All That

An evening at home with the cats. It's blowy and chilly outside but I've got a hot milo and the music of Mink DeVille to warm me up. Later, I'm going to give the Violent Femmes' Hallowed Ground a spin.

The Burp spent a couple of weeks one school holiday on the Fitzroy River with me and Bloody Ern. We had a small radio we could play and we'd take turns at playing the tapes we liked. The Burp would play Wham!'s Fantastic album and I'd play Hallowed Ground. By the end of the holiday the repeated exposure meant I'd become quite the Wham! fan and The Burp was even more convinced that all the music I liked was crap.

Ern just thought we were both twerps.

5 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

I am a fellow Violent Femmes fan.

But Wham! ? Not so much. My little twin cousins were great Wham! fans, and that somehow guaranteed that I wouldn't be.

Philosophical Karen said...

Word verification: mullat.

Do you think Blogger is trying to insult me because I came of age in the 80s?

hazelblackberry said...

I don't know if it's trying to insult you, but it does have a sense of humour. Are machines becoming self-aware?? Is the Time of the Terminator almost upon us??

d said...

The really strange thing is that if you swap the u for an a, you have Australia's most famous murderer!

My word verification, cutte. and how did they know t was so...

d said...

Now I know there taking the piss, word verification now meekin, which is only an r away from a pubic wig.