05 February 2009

A friend of a friend of a friend told me...

Last night QEII and I trooped off to The Court Hotel to meet up with my friend Ellen, who will probably make a few more appearances here so needs a name. It was a toss-up between Ellen and Portia de Rossi. Ellen won the day.

"The Court is a gay and lesbian venue but ALL are welcome."

I think I can safely say I was the only ALL there last night. Yessiree, just me.

Ellen's friend, Happy Monday, joined us. He was full of stacks of entertaining stories. Under the influence of bubbles, good company and giddiness I thought they were all blogworthy*. In the cold, slightly hungover light of day, I realise that perhaps they were not in the best of taste. A line has to be drawn somewhere and I'm drawing it right here:

_______________________________________

See?

But I tell you what, it's very nice to be served by gay barmen.

"Are you right there, sweetie?"

"What can I do for you, darling?"

And they checked whether the glasses were clean before pouring our drinks!

Siiiigh. If only they liked chicks. Or broads. And therein lies the inherent irony. If irony is, indeed, what it is. I dunno. It's not like I'm an English teacher or anything.



*Which would have made for a long blog entry. Consider yourselves lucky.

No comments: