22 February 2009

Distraction

I met Boxer Girl and a friend of hers at the beach - BG was walking her dog and we were walking with her. It seems the patrons of the northern dog beaches aren't as civic-minded as those who use the southern beaches. We had to dodge a few bullets as we strolled along. Boxer Girl told us that there is a woman who comes along the beach and picks up the dog poo that gets left behind. I was filled with admiration for this fine citizen. I reflected with some shame on the fact that I contribute so little to the community in which I live. Later she pointed out the sainted woman walking on the beach but by then we were so engrossed in hearing about a juicy argument BG had had with someone at work on Friday that we really didn't pay that much attention. But I'm sure she's a very nice person.

No comments: