12 October 2008

Go Go Gadget Arm

So two Fridays in a row New Girl and I have been out. Once to Borders and once to Ikea. Don't tell us we don't know how to live.

And the madness continued when I rocked up at her house this morning to help her shift books and divers items from the home of her old boyfriend, Old Feller, to the home of her sparkling new boyfriend, Man Hands. First we had super-caffeinated drinks, just to feel ready, and then we ducked in to where her mum works so that we could pick up the van she was reluctantly lending to us.

"So we'll bring the van back - "

"Well, yes please!"

"- let me finish! At midday. Of course we're bringing it back. No, no, we'll just abandon it somewhere in the city."

I then threw in my five cents' worth:

"You will receive a series of cryptic clues via the mail. If you can decipher them, you can have your van back."

New Girl burst out laughing but her mum just looked confused. Apparently this is a common state of affairs.

After we'd shifted everything we rewarded ourselves with another super-caffeinated drink and then I drove home at about 5,000 km/hr, and I have to say that seemed a mite slow. I have work to do this afternoon but I think I'm trembling too much to work the keyboard properly.

2 comments:

Susan said...

New Boy?

Lonie Polony said...

I wonder, is caffeine to be included in DUI laws?