11 June 2007

Freedom Riders at the Gates of Dawn

Today is the new CEO's first day. To make the best impression possible, New Girl, Wise Man and I skipped out of the office at lunch time and toddled down to Santa Fe for some burritos and free margaritas. We idled a little over lunch and then lingered on the way back buying chocolates and coffee.

I felt a small twinge of guilt about how long we'd been gone but by the time we swung through the doors I'd convinced myself we were entitled to a bit of time out in the sunshine. That was until I passed someone's office and they yelled out, "Next time you're off on one of yer little benders, take yer bloody mobile with you!"

3 comments:

Danielle said...

If it was worthy of the title "bender", you would have all come back into the office in a little conga line (beating along to the music from the Santa Fe website in your heads). Certainly not having rational thoughts justifying your long lunch break!

redcap said...

Obviously "someone" has never worked for a newspaper. My old ed used to have two rules: one, if you get pissed at lunch, don't bother coming back. Two, if you're hungover the next day, you better bloody get your arse into work. He lived by those rules and they certainly worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Oh redcap, Hazel would never be so inelegant as to get "pissed". She may get a little glowy, but never pissed!