18 December 2006

I should point out by the way that all of this spaghetti was very delicious.

Apart from the two or three times he's fired up the Weber to roast a fowl, cooking hasn't been high on Grumpy's list of priorities this year. So last week he offered to whip up a spaghetti bolognaise for us to enjoy while we watched our new favourite reason to stay home on a Friday night.

I was just stepping into the hallway when I glanced over at him standing in the kitchen. He wanted to light the stove. He looked at the stove. He bent over and examined the various knobs and buttons for the oven. He stood up. He looked at the stove again. The stove looked back. Befuddlement reigned.

I couldn't help myself. "Hmm, been a while since you've done this, isn't it?"



(But it was a very delicious spaghetti.)

1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

No way! You like that show?

I was watching an irreverent sketch comedy program on CBC the other night and up came an ad for a show called "Little Mosque on the Prairie". I thought it was a joke (a sketch on the comedy program). But it wasn't.

Canadian television is bizarre.