24 September 2006

Children of the Corn?

Grumpy and I took a spin down to Collie. An arts and craft festival, of sorts, was happening down there. An art exhibition was taking place in a hall on the main street. Part of the hall was devoted to the art and craft of the local school kiddies. I enjoy these displays: they're always so colourful and very often include some art that is really quite striking. I like to see the way kids portray their world before they know anything about technique and, even more importantly, the limits of self-consciousness.

There was a table filled with puppets. I took a few photos. I'm glad I'm not a parent: I'm not sure I'd want to tuck my kid in with one of these creations, and then turn out the light.



1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

I like the one with the purple face. (Can't think why, though.)