16 December 2005

More On My Inner Idiot

I was just telling my friend Jessie Mo that last night while doing the wr-wr-wrapping I came to the end of a couple of rolls of paper. This year I remembered to save the insides so that next year I can make Christmas crackers.

"Ripper!" says Grumpy. "I just love junk lying around the house for a whole year." Well, I'll store them in the shed. Because while people might baulk at the idea of a Christmas cracker made from the inside of a toilet roll, they will have no problem with a cracker made from the inside of a wrapping paper roll that's been stored in the shed for a year with geckoes and mice and cockroaches crawling all over it.

See? 'Tis the season to think of others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too share Grumpy's love of clutter. Currently saving empty water bottles because they stack so well.

word verification - eatvacx, wasn't he a character in Asterix???

hazelblackberry said...

Yes, indeed he was. He invented oral immunisations.