08 December 2005

Flasher than a pox doctor's clerk.

Last night The Burp and I took in a theatre show. Dirty Dancing: The Musical! to be precise. It sounds like something out of The Simpsons, doesn't it? We had a great time and the show was very well put together. It was just like the movie. "But how?" you ask, "How???" Picture me in a black skivvy and sipping a black coffee. I set my cup down, I sigh, I look at you over the rim of my little rimless glasses and say, "Dynamite production values, darling."

I had as much fun watching the audience as I did the show. The night belonged to the blue-rinse set who erupted with cheers and mad applause at every classic, cliched line and screamed and whooped at every sighting of rippling, manly torso. The cringe factor was very high. No one wants to think about their grandmother having lusty feelings (possibly with the exception of Tina Turner's grandchildren).

After watching a couple of matrons make their way to their seats, all decked out for an evening's entertainment, The Burp and I have also solemnly taken a lifelong oath: in middle-age we shall show loving concern for each other such that neither of us shall be allowed to appear in public dressed in costumes of black and glittery silver flowing over our ample bosoms.

But I'm still getting the purple perm.

4 comments:

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Is it true that if you feed them more lime, the rinse turns blue?

Anonymous said...

No, SF; its if you feed them more gin with their lime, the air turns blue.

Anonymous said...

and BTW, HBB, I would apprciate it if you would limit this blog to more inane matters such as the conversation between yourself and the girl in the office next to you, and not taunt me with the details of your visit to the Thee-ater; I was dying to see Dirty Dancing; The Musical! (you're right, it is Simpsonish!). The highlight of my week was a five hour drive with a crying baby and a sarcastic husband to go grocery shopping. I do miss good old Perth. I am filled with nostalgia for spring days and seabreezes, and afternoons at the OB and the Left Bank. (and brekky at Harvest! - with thyme flavoured cheese!).Excuse me, I am off to sob in my metho.

hazelblackberry said...

Well, I'm relieved to know you've still got a good supply of metho. See? It's not all bad in Ghana!