19 December 2005

The Bellhouse Tolls For Thee

The problem with going out to dinner is that after a long evening of swanning it up on the Swan you're left with some vague memories of good tucker, lively conversation, hooting with laughter and threatening to stab everyone with your steak knife. But it doesn't really add up to a compelling anecdote, does it?

I do remember The Burp telling me that a couple of days before she and Carrington had taken their boys to the zoo, where Bay Leaf had pointed out that one of the tamarind monkeys looked "just like Professor Albert Einstein." He's so formal.

Also, Burp and Carrington told me they had considered getting me a kitten for my birthday. They were fed up with watching Grumpy and I dither over making a decision and decided we needed to plunge in and just do it. Grumpy asked them if they would also care to conceive for us.
(Fortunately that was before the food had arrived.)

2 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Yes, I definitely like that kid. He's got a proper respect for names.

hazelblackberry said...

To know him is to love him.