21 October 2005

Too Much Time

I like to ruminate over songs. I may have expressed this elsewhere.

So here's a couple of things I noticed on the radio this morning on the drive into work:

(1) Diana Ross singing in Upside Down: "Respectfully I say to thee, 'I'm aware that you're cheatin''..." Only a man could have written those lines. If you want to know how a woman would really react, go check out some L7.

(2) I Fought the Law (and the Law Won) - by The Bobby Fuller Four or The Clash (forget any other pretenders) - includes the line, "Robbing people with my six gun." I hate to see myself getting all pedantic with your heart-breaking tale but I simply must point out that your song might be less catchy but more accurate if it was entitled I Broke the Law (and the Law Won).

It's no big deal, I know. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Robbin people with a six gun" Not "My"