09 August 2005

But if you can't have a day off, have a long lunch instead.

As I just arranged with my friend, Quirkie:

To: Quirkie
From: hazelblackberry
Subject: lunch!

The boss is away all day Friday so a long lunch is definitely on the cards - am I meeting you out the front of my work at 12 or 12.30?

------------------------------
To: hazelblackberry
From: Quirkie

God, don't do that to me. Lunch with an exclamation mark in the subject box means "Where the hell are you we had a lunch date right now!"

So, 12? (Friday)
Looong luuunch. Aaaaaauuurrrrgghh....

------------------------------
To: Quirkie
From: hazelblackberry

Sorry, put exclamation mark to indicate enthusiasm. Didn't want to send lunch w/out exclamation mark in case you thought I was about to deliver bad news. Punctuation: civilisations have risen and fallen on its back. Or have they?

------------------------------
To: hazelblackberry
From: Quirkie

Like The Roman Empire? I mean, the Roman Empire! The. West.
Hhhh
I'll get back to work now.

[At least one of us is doing some. - Ed.]

1 comment:

Quirkie said...

>>snicker<<

You go first.