11 July 2005

Walpole

We just spent the weekend down in Walpole with The Burp & Co.

The Burp bought everyone "Home of the Whale Willy" stubbie holders from the Walpole pub! We played songs on the jukebox! We played pool! (Grumpy and I strategically split up and teamed up with the Burp and the Rooster - the whole comp was really about those two pool sharks trying to defeat each other. But the Rooster also confided in me how much he admired the Burp's competitive streak. Also, everyone was very drunk. Except me. I was disgusted by all the shenanigans.)

Lest I forget - we admired the whale's willy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that how the town got its name ..I wonder...Whale pole?

hazelblackberry said...

A-ha!

Unless this is Grumpy, under an assumed anonymous name, I can tell you that he made the very same joke last Saturday night.

Anonymous said...

well I would love to claim credit for it, but it was not me. It was someone else using my identity. Curse them.