25 July 2005

Aloha Omaha

My apologies to those of you who have heard me carry on about this before, but the more I hear the song the more I become convinced that the narrator in "Hollywood Seven" is actually the murderer!!!

Can you imagine anything more shocking?!

The lyrics are here. Read them and decide for yourselves.

Regrettably, you will not enjoy the full dramatic impact of hearing Jon English sing the songs, particularly the bit where he semi-screams "crazy lipstick marks". I love the energy and emotion he puts into those words. But as you read do try to visualise him, and bear in mind that any man with such pronounced dark circles under his eyes has to be nursing some sort of perverse, dark secret. You mark my words.

10 comments:

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Hey, hey, some respec' for the opthalmally-encircled one please.

That's SIR Jon English, crooner of the Hutt River Province national anthem, to you.

Mike said...

saying aloha, without being hawaiian is like saying praise the lord with out being a member of our church...the only church with the authority to preach the word of God.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Even More Latter Day Saints

hazelblackberry said...

Good Lord!*

*I say, that's, that's A JOKE, boy!

Anonymous said...

Mitzie, she will have read your profile, visited your site and committed your archives to memory by now.

Rodney Olsen said...

We need more. We need a fuller explanation of your reasoning.

Do you think that he's suffering multiple personality disorder? Is that why he calls her for coffee in the morning? Has he forgotten that he did away with her the night before?

Quirkie said...

Hey SuperFreo!, what is the Hutt River Province national anthem? I've never heard of it, and my cousin went out with Prince Leonard's granddaughter, so I think I should know.

Quirkie said...

Oh, and Rodney (excuse us HB),

Why don't you enable comments on your blog? Your last couple of posts start with a question, and so at least twice now you and your readers have been deprived of my insightful, witty and, I feel, earth-shatteringly helpful, remarks.

Of course, I always have made the the mistake of answering rhetorical questions...

Quirkie said...

Carry on, everyone.

Rodney Olsen said...

Hey Quirkie - I think Haloscan must have been on holiday ever so briefly. All is well now.

We now return you to normal programming.

Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Quirkster

The words are somewhere on Prince Leonard's website. It's a dandy ditty.