04 May 2005

Mouth, Shut Yer Mouth

I have been avoiding writing this blog entry for some time but Grumpy insisted I mention it so I guess there's no way out of it.

I would just like to say that, thanks to a lifetime of cringe-worthy moments, my brain has established a Memorandum of Understanding with my mouth that it, mouth, will avoid spouting wisdom without first checking with the brain. Lately things have been a bit busy and the brain has show the mouth a little latitude and the mouth has being doing okay. Well done, mouth! But then the mouth got a big head - well... - and having been given an inch, it quite naturally took a mile.

A little while ago we were watching a documentary on dogs, which examined the theory that dogs came from wolves. Grumpy said, "I wonder why they don't look at foxes? Perhaps dogs came from foxes?"

And in one glorious moment of blather my mouth found its privileges immediately and irrevocably withdrawn when it announced to the room:

"How?! A fox is a kind of cat!"

2 comments:

Quirkie said...

HIS!terical. I love it :)

Anonymous said...

did you go and check it on the internet?!