12 October 2004

Churlish - Part II

My final foray into so-called political comment:

Before the election, many people were claiming they would be forced to leave Australia if the Liberal Party won government again. It would seem their worst nightmares have been realised.

But what is tragedy for them may present an opportunity for others. I propose these people who have no more use for Australia make good on their threats and hightail it for parts foreign and for each person who leaves, a place opens up for one of the many refugees eager to come to our shores.

It seems like a neat solution to me. I ran it past Grumpy and he thought that was churlish, too.

Very well, I accept it: I am churlish.

1 comment:

hazelblackberry said...

No, you never said nuthin' round me. Though maybe you did whisper something in The Booper's ear as she swirled a llama or two around the fishpond. Something like, "Let's get the hell out of here." But maybe you weren't speaking on a national level; you might have been referring to something more localised.